Know About : Jeff Bezos CEO and Founder, Amazon
PHOTO BY MICHAEL PRINCE/FORBES COLLECTION
REAL TIME NET WORTH
as of 8/3/20
$4.3 B | 2.42%
Reflects change since 5 PM ET of prior trading day
2020 BILLIONAIRES NET WORTH
as of 4/7/20
- Jeff Bezos founded e-commerce colossus Amazon in 1994 out of his garage in Seattle. He runs it as CEO and owns an 11.1% stake.
- Between March and April 2020, amid the pandemic, Amazon said it hired 175,000 additional workers.
- In April 2020, Bezos said he would give $100 million to Feed America, a nonprofit that operates food banks and food pantries across the country.
- Amazon has faced criticism from U.S. senators and the general public for its treatment of warehouse workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
- He divorced his wife MacKenzie in 2019 after 25 years of marriage and transferred a quarter of his Amazon stake to her.
- In 2019, Amazon notched $280.5 billion in revenues and a record $11.5 billion in net profit.
- Bezos owns The Washington Post and Blue Origin, an aerospace company that is developing rockets for commercial use.
ON FORBES LISTS
SOURCE OF WEALTHAmazon, Self Made
RESIDENCE Seattle, Washington
CITIZENSHIP United States
MARITAL STATUS In Relationship
EDUCATION Bachelor of Arts/Science, Princeton University
DID YOU KNOW
Growing up, Jeff Bezos worked summers on his grandfather’s ranch repairing Caterpillar tractors.